If you live until you’re 90, you’ll spend 32 years of your life sleeping. So why not take a few minutes to understand it more?
The gist of the video, if you don’t have 22 minutes to spare (though I’ve left out a bunch of stuff):
- To sleep better: Shut off all of your gadgets/screens 30 minutes before bed, make your bedroom as dark as possible, don’t drink caffeine after lunch, and get lots of exposure to sunlight in the morning.
- If you need an alarm clock to wake up, you’re sleep deprived.
- “Early to bed, early to rise ..” is a myth. According to Russell Foster, “there’s no difference in socioeconomic standing” when you do.
- Sleep increases: Concentration, attention, decision making skills, creativity, social skills, health.
- Sleep decreases: Mood changes, stress, anger, impulsiveness, and bad habits like drinking and smoking.